Monday, August 4, 2014

A new journey begins

There are many things that I have been introduced to by my husband and by far the best thing that I have found because of him was my new church family and my MOPS group. He brought me to church with him the Sunday after we started dating and I absolutely fell in love with the church. 

A month later I found out that the church had a MOPS group. MOPS is for mothers of preschoolers. At the time I did not know what it meant, but it was for mom's to get together and just hang out with FREE childcare. I was all for this! I needed that extra mom time with ladies who wanted to encourage those that came in. 

I fell in love with it from the start. I have made a lot of new friendships from the group and it keeps getting better and better. C loves going to her MOPS meeting too as she calls it. It just really has been a blessing for me. 

Once your child finishes kindergarten you graduate out and you can either find another venture to take on or you can find a MOPS next group that is for mothers who have graduated out of the original MOPS group. Well, this year was my year to graduate and I was devastated. I could not imagine my life without being a part of MOPS in some way. I felt so strongly about what MOPS has to offer women who are in need of finding women to love on them, that I just couldn't imagine leaving. 

At the beginning of this year, I was approached and asked if I would consider the position of co-coordinator for the next year coming up. I was hesitant because I was suppose to graduate out and I wasn't sure I would be able to, but I was able to as a coordinator if I choose to. I thought about it for a bit and prayed about it even more. I went to the coordinator meetings to find out what it was all about and after talking to my husband and praying some more, I made the decision to sign up and see what happens.

I was choose to be co-coordinator with another lady and now the final process began. I had to interview with the lady pastors at my church and get their final approval. After waiting what seemed like forever I finally got the position as co-coordinator for our MOPS group. I was so excited about the opportunity and so excited to be able to reach out to the mom's that could really use the support of a group like this. I was no longer going to be a member of MOPS, but I was going to have to use my skills and the skills of the other co-coordinator and make it all work and make it the best it could be. 


So far, there have been some hills to climb over, but I have a great group of ladies that supports me and wants me to grow spiritually and emotionally on this journey. My co-coordinator is great because we have different skills and hers are different than mine, so we were able to choose roles in this position that fit those skills so it worked out perfectly. 

I look forward to these next few years as their co-coordinator and making amazing! It has taken me some time to realize that I am now a ministry leader at my church and these ladies are going to depend on the coordinators to make things run smoothly. 

The ladies in this picture are 2 of my closest friends I have made through my last year at MOPS. These 2 ladies encourage me to be the best that I can be and are there supporting me along the way helping me when I need it. They are amazing women who will never know how amazing their support is and how thankful I am because of them!

If you pray... keep me in your prayers this next year as I walk this journey together with my leaders and we make it the best we can make it. I am praying that we can reach out to the community more and introduce the MOPS group and get more ladies signed up for the evening meetings which is where I will be...

I LOVE MY MOPS and my LADIES!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment