Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The past is not yours...

I am currently reading a new book by Lisa Bevere and her husband and I am loving it. 

I did a bible study with my church last year I think in June or July and the series was "Lioness Arising" by Lisa Bevere. It changed my life. It was about being the woman God meant for you to be and stepping into the role and being brave and rising up! I stepped into MOPS Leadership after that study and I also decided to get water baptized. 

In this new book called "The Story of Marriage", I have found my favorite quote by Lisa and her husband. It says:

"The past is not yours. It belongs to God. The enemy of your soul will try to use your past to thwart God's plans for your future. Remember that God has given you today and that the choices you make today will shape your tomorrow - not your yesterday."

I LOVE THAT! When I got divorced it weighed heavy on me that it was the choice that I had to make. I have always heard that its not okay to get divorced because God says... but in this book it talks about those that do get divorced and the quote above just hit home to me. I love it and I will make sure I remember that for people who are having a hard time with their past!


Great book. I am so excited to continue reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment