Monday, November 10, 2014

Today I am thankful for...

MOPS

I began MOPS in February of 2011 right after I started church with Abe. I fell in love with MOPS. The ladies were amazing and so welcoming and I felt like it was a great ministry for me to be in. We would meet twice a month to listen to a speaker and then do crafts. They have playdates once a month and MOM's night out once a month... It seemed like a great fit for me and then a place C could go and play and do crafts as well. Childcare was free so it was a bonus...

In 2013, I joined MOPS leadership team as a table leader. It was a great experience and I definitely enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I was asked to be the co-coordinator at the beginning of this year and after much praying, it is where God has chosen for me to be at this moment.

It is a lot more than I ever thought it would be, but when I see the ladies happy and I see they are getting all that they need to get from the ministry it makes it all worth it. When a new mom comes to our meetings and tells me this is what she needed in her life, it makes all the stress and work so worth it. I am in this position for 2 years, but I can stay longer if God isn't ready to let me walk away yet...

This year as a co-coordinator I went to Louisville, Kentucky for our MOPS convention. The 3 days that I was there was so amazing. The workshops/sessions were so amazing and I definitely needed that moment in my life. I am looking forward to next years MOPS convention.

It is such a great experience and I am so thankful for my MOPS leadership team, my MOPS ladies and the great awesome relationships I have made from being in MOPS. It is definitely something that has changed my life for the better! I am so thankful for all my MOPS ladies...

No comments:

Post a Comment