Monday, January 26, 2015

Dinner Recipe of the Month

I have decided to choose a recipe to try and post on here each month... something I have never tried before and something that I have always wanted to try... I will add my experiences each month and will add pictures!

White Chicken Chili ... if you are doing weight watchers it is 3 points per 1 cup DELICIOUS!

Here's what you'll need:
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed (uncooked)
2 cups chicken broth
1 can white corn, drained
2 (15 oz) cans Great Northern Beans
(Can puree one can for a thicker chili)
1 small diced onion (or 1 Tbs. dried onion flakes)
1/2 cup light sour cream
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 packet of McCormick's White Chili Seasoning Mix
(Dashing Dish's recipe calls for 1 packet of White Bean Chili Seasoning mix, but I wasn't able to find it...)

Now, once you have all the ingredients, you have 2 options, stove top cooking OR slow cooker cooking.
I was in a hurry, so I used the stove top method: Dump everything in a large pot and cook on medium heat for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally.

If you want to cook in a crock-pot*, dump all the ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment