Thursday, February 26, 2015

Scariest Mom Moment Part 1

The scariest moment in my life as a mom so far was definitely our ER visit when my baby girl was a little under 2 years old. She got sick and eventually she started not acting like herself. I ended up talking to her doctor multiple times and the end result ended up with me taking her into the ER. I got to the ER at 7 pm one night and it was a very long night. Around 9 pm my best friend came and brought us juice and some snacks... We went back to back and we waited and waited. Finally they decided that she was dehydrated and they needed to start an IV. After the 4th poke and the 3rd person tried, I was done watching my baby scream. They ended up calling a nurse from the NICU ward and she was able to get her IV in with one try.

It was a very long night and we ended up leaving the hospital at 4 am. The next day you could see she was doing much better, but what a stressful exhausting night for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment