Saturday, February 28, 2015

Scariest Mom Moment Part 3

Another scary moment for me was when I went to pick up my daughter from school one day... At this time she was in kindergarten. I waited and waited and waited for her to come out. I saw her class line up along the school waiting for parents and I noticed there was a substitute teacher. I went up and told her that my daughter is not with the class and I asked where she was. She said the principle wanted to talk with her.

I walked to the front office and only then did I realize that not only did the principal want to talk to her, but in calling her name at recess, she lost her footing and fell onto the ground and hurt her left wrist. In talking with my daughter I realized that she had a break in her wrist. Us mom's know our kids when they are in pain and when its not just a normal fall pain.

We left the school and headed to the urgent care. We waited to be called back to the room... where we waited some more time for the doctor to come in... Once he did, he said it didn't look broken, but they would x-ray it anyway. In the x-ray room she took the picture and I knew that what I was looking at was my daughters 2nd broken bone.

The break wasn't as bad as her first broken bone so we didn't need a cast, but she had to stay in a brace for 6 weeks. Thank God it was her left wrist so she could keep writing at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment