Wednesday, February 18, 2015

What makes a best friend?


This is my best friend... I can not imagine my life without her... 
She has been through so much with me and I am so thankful for her!

We met in 2006 and ever since that day it is like we just new we would be the best of friends. She proved it to me with standing with me for my first marriage in my wedding. We had only been friends for 7 months and she accepted the bridesmaid position with no hesitation... She walked through my pregnancy with me. She was my go to for everything and she still is. I would ask her question after question about my pregnancy. It was my first child and she had 2 so I had so many questions I wasn't sure of. She was there the day my daughter was born. She was in the room as I pushed for 2 hours with no result... she would have been in the operating room with me when I had to get an emergency c-section, as well, but they only let one person in. She didn't leave my side at all... she was up with me at night when I had uncomfortable moments... she was there when I got my epidural, she was right there! She was the 3rd person to hold my baby girl after she was born besides the doctor and nurses. 6 weeks later when it was time for me to go back to work she lovingly accepted the job of watching C during the day. Her son was at home and she decided to stay at home until he started school. So, Aunt Jenn was it... she was the one that watched her for me. Talk about easing my emotions of going back to work. I was so comfortable with her that it was not as hard as I had feared it would ever be. She was there every step of the way my divorce with my ex-husband. She commented when I asked for her opinion or thoughts, but she mostly listened to me during this time. She was right there with me through another failed relationship... She was there while I was dating my current husband... She was standing beside me when I got married on a mountain with my husband... We have taken trips together... we have watched each others kids... we know if there is a need, we are there for each other with no questions asked. 

So, I would definitely say what makes a best friend is someone who is there for you through the good times and the bad times with no judgement. They are there with no questions asked. They love and support through every part of your life... I love this girl with all my heart and she has been there in so many ways. She has saved my life and made me a better person. She loves my daughter like one of her own and that is really all that matters. God knew what he was doing when he put us together! Truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment