Monday, April 6, 2015

Handwritten Letters

Do you think hand written letters are a thing of the past?

I do believe that it is a thing of the past for many people. They have e-mail now and Facebook and many different ways to communicate verses writing hand written letters.

Me on the other hand, I love writing letters. I don't do it nearly as much as I use to, but I have started doing it again and I am trying to write at least 2-3 a month to different family members. Mostly my aunts who do not have a computer and I want to be able to keep in contact with them. And the others would be my nieces and nephews. I remember when I was little I loved getting mail from my aunt who lived in San Antonio. We would write back and forth and it was a lot of fun. I am not sure my nieces and nephews will find this fun, but I want to make sure I send them stuff throughout their life so they know I was trying :)

I am going to get my daughter into it so she can send letters as she gets older to her family down south. It will be fun for her to do and to get stuff back!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhh I LOVE letters - both writing them and receiving them. I still have (somewhere up in the loft) bundles of old letters from my Army penpals, from over 20 years ago - and some of an ex-beloved, which I just can't bring myself to throw away.

    I still write letters 'tho not as often as I'd like; I have a penpal in Ireland and we send each other teabags :D xx

    ReplyDelete