Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Farewell Thoughts

I wrote the final article for our newsletter for our MOPS year and I wanted to share it here.. 

Farewell Thoughts by Michelle Cruz, PM coordinator

This year started with the theme ‘Be You Bravely’! And my year with MOPS definitely started out that way… When I was asked to be the co-coordinator for MOPS, I thought why me? I was not ready to graduate from MOPS yet, so I decided to interview for the position. I didn’t know what I was getting into, but I soon learned how to ‘Be Me Bravely.’  What an amazing theme for us mommas who are trying our best. Sometimes, all we can do is to be us bravely! 
At times this year, being brave has been tough. As I write this, I am currently waiting for our end-of-the-year meeting Purchase Order to be approved because I had forgotten to turn it in. With five days left before the end-of-the-year meeting and no supplies purchased, no party stuff prepped and no approval to spend the money... I sat and cried. The chance that my error could affect all the ladies at MOPS is a hard thing to take on. But I am human and I make mistakes, we all do. This is MOPS life, this is our life.
I was doing some research for what I wanted to say for the final newsletter before I graduate, and I found this poem and wanted to share it with you all!

A symbol of courage, a feather enables flight. 
Risking heights, a first flight requires bravery to jump from the nest.
A bird will fail to experience all it was made for, if it fails to fly!
(The same is true for us)
May this year change your life, 
May you hear whispers of hope,
Stirring in your soul…
May MOPS remind you to breathe in and breathe out,
Because we are in this together.
The first step may test our bravery,
But courage is the key around our necks,
Be you, BRAVELY!

I cannot imagine my life without being a part of MOPS, so I am struggling to deal with the emotions of graduating out this year. The tears will come eventually, but 

I found a quote online that made me smile. It says: “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” I have made so many wonderful friends throughout my years at MOPS and I can definitely say that MOPS has changed my life for the better. I have grown so much in MOPS and by stepping into leadership. There were some crazy moments this year, but I hope that you have all had a great time. Even with the highs and lows, I have tried my best to be a great co-coordinator for you ladies. Thank you all for making my life with MOPS incredible. I appreciate all of you and I can’t wait to hear how MOPS continues to grow throughout the years!

This is the year I will be stronger, bravery, kinder and unstoppable! This year I will be FIERCE!

So, ladies… don’t forget to grab your BRAVE self and get ready to flourish.

3 comments:

  1. *yayyy* to you being Fierce, to being Unstoppable, to continuing being Brave, Kind and Strong ... I love the poem! We all of us make mistakes, sweetheart, so remember: "to err is human; to forgive, divine". You have done a wonderful job in MOPS and will be remembered for all the good you have done, not one human-error xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im honored to call you my best friend..... Love you.

    ReplyDelete