Saturday, August 8, 2015

A day I will never forget...


On August 8th many many years ago, these 3 lovely ladies lost their mother to suicide. I remember so much about this day, but I am sure there are parts of this day that I have forgotten or have blocked.

Losing family to suicide is one of the hardest things I have ever had to go through. The many emotions that you deal with during this time and really for the rest of your life are very hard to explain. I can say that I will never know what it is like for these beautiful ladies who lost their momma or for my aunt who lost her daughter on that dreary day, but this date will forever stay with all of us. 

If any of you knows someone who is having a hard time or has contemplated suicide, please give them the suicide hotline. It is a 24 hour hotline open 7 days a week and there are people there that can talk to them and try to help in any way they can. The number is 800-273-8255.

I miss my cousin so much it hurts! Love you forever Marla Faye!

2 comments:

  1. I lost my sister 14 years ago last month and it's still quite distressing. For my mom and dad as well. Thank you for posting this important PSA. THEBRAGAL Swap-Bot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't go into my long and painful story right now, but I did lose my husband to suicide and my youngest children who never really knew him ask about him all the time. They are at that age that they realize some of their friends and classmates have a daddy and they don't. There are many "why's" going around these days and I cannot give them all the info they want because all that happened prior to his suicide. (((HUGS))) to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete