MOPS International Convention 2010 Notes
Workshop Title: Live, Love, and Lead With Courage
Sadly, I arrived about 15 minutes late to this class. I was physically and emotionally tired while I was in this class, but tried to take notes as best as possible.
· LIVE from the inside out.
o Life happens. If we know who we are on the inside, it’ll show on the outside.
§ Integrity -> Honor your word
o What do people say about what you’ve done?
· LOVE like Christ.
o Love yourself – you can only give what you have.
o See yourself the way God sees you.
· LEAD with courage (using faith).
o When we live and love, we lead differently.
o Be willing to put faith into action.
o Put the person above the task.
o Lead by example.
o Life is measured by what you give, not what you have.
o Don’t ask people to do something you aren’t willing to do.
o Be ok with giving up authority.
o See the best in people.
· Where are you going? What is your vision?
· Don’t worry about what you don’t have. If God says, “Go,” then, “Go.”
· Can you see or do you have vision for where you are going? They are 2 different things.
· Those who can’t accept their beauty don’t get it.
· If you see others differently, you will treat them differently.
· It’s ok to be afraid, go anyway. It requires you to be able ask for help.
· God wants to change the way we do and see things.
· Don’t DO leadership, BE leadership.
· Don’t worry about what you don’t have, use what you do have.