Thursday, March 17, 2016

Worst year of your life...

I think the worst year of my life so far has been the year my ex husband and I separated and began our divorce. All of my family were down in Louisiana and I was up here with one really awesome best friend and her family and that was it.

It was definitely the scariest year by far. I had to figure out how to make all the finances work by myself and making sure I could support my daughter and I on only my income. It was definitely a hard time, but it made me stronger and what an accomplishment right? I thrived knowing that I COULD take care of us without having help from anyone else. It was a struggle, don't get me wrong, but I did it myself... FOR her!


And it was tough losing a family in the meantime. They say that sometimes you can have a great relationship with the in-laws after you are divorced, but that was not the case in my situation. That was probably one of the hardest parts of the year was not having that relationship anymore. We still talk from time to time, but that relationship was never the same and it hurt for a while. 

Life is surely full of ups and downs and this was a hard time for me but in the end it was the best choice for me. Our life right now is pretty amazing for both myself and my ex-husband. We are both remarried to wonderful people and we all get along for the most part and realize that its about the kids... It also has taken me time to forgive others during that year as well as forgive myself. God, works in mysterious ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment